Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blonde am I...

" Where am I? "



So I have an embarrassing story to tell..

It was an average wednesday afternoon and I had just finished work.
I was a bit frazzled as I had alot on my mind, but I needed to get petrol.
So I rolled up to my local stomping ground on Tarewa and put some 91 down Tommy Tomatoes throat.
I went to pay and when I returned to my car, I pulled the handle and DOH! Locked, and look, keys in the ignition! It was at that moment I realised I had one choice, and one choice only: Pull the 'I'M JUST A GIRL' card out!
In minuted I had 3 Caltex guys buzzing around my car trying to open it.
Man number one tried to hack the door open with a screwdriver, with my consent, but much to my horror he practically broke my door.
Man number two walked around my car with a distant look on his face pulling at every handle (um, helloooo, I tried that already!)
Man number three was a burly fellow...actually reminding me of Big Foot. He had big hair stomped around quite heavy and had some major ink going on. He stared alot at the situation and made low grunting noises and waved a piece of plastic around.
Eventually, man number one pulled the rubber casing from around my window and managed to squeeze his hand down and flick the lock open...YAY!
So that was my embarrassing story...as I drove away I wave at the 3 and blushed as I saw them still snickering about my blondeness.
I have no spiritual paralel to add to this story...I am just thankful for men.

8 comments:

Miss Elizabeth said...

Take heart Kate, I rocked on in to BP to get gas today, filled up, ordered a vodafone top up from the counter...only to have my card decline 3 times! Hereby confirming that i didn't have enough money in my account. DOH! I'm seriously thinkin of dyeing my hair blonde...

PaisleyJade said...

Don't worry Kate - at least you didn't drive off with the pump thing still in your petrol tank like Symon did a few years ago... seriously damaging the pump. Very embarrasing.

Kate said...

Haha thanks Jase, that makes me feel better, but stink at the same time! Just promise you won't pull the girl card, cos that would be wrong! :)
Kristy: HAHAHA no way! That would have been really embarrassing! were you in the car with him at the time?!

Neen said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure I'm meant to be a blonde with all my embarrassing moments which seem to come round on a regular basis!! Just proves that we are related!

PaisleyJade said...

Yes I was in the car, and yes, it was VERY embarrasing! We were on our way to Auckland for a trip and it damaged our gas thingy too (don't you love the word "thingy").

Kate said...

Thingy is a great word! It's right up there with shibby. Well, I guess when you married Symon, it was for better or worse!

Rachel Kate said...

for better or worse, for pride or humiliation... no wonder i'm enjoying singledom! tehehe and kate, ur so not a blonde... just some of that bleach got inside ya head

Betty May said...

Thingy was an awesome puppet.
We need da mack ya ride out yo!